Today you’re going to learn the 5 things you need to do to supercharge your metabolism, which is a BIG part of our program at Elevate.
Now this is incredibly important because most people end up slowing their metabolism down as they attempt to lose weight over and over again… which results in them gaining MORE weight back after they stop their diet.
If you have started and stopped several diets and exercise programs over the last year… your metabolism has likely slowed down. And this video is for you! So let’s begin!
1. Lift weights. Lifting weights is essential to building up our metabolism. Think of your metabolism as a fire… the bigger and hotter a fire gets, the more it burns. We build that big fire with MUSCLE. And challenging yourself with lifting weights must be a staple in your fitness routine at least 3 times per week.
2. Eat More Protein. Protein is by far the greatest deficiency we see in a Standard American Diet. Eating more protein helps build your muscles, helps keep you fuller longer, it helps build your immune system – it does so many important things yet we see so many people who don’t eat enough of it. Every meal you eat should be built around a healthy protein.
3. Get More Sleep. Sleep is largely responsible for hormone regulation. And losing fat and gaining muscle is all about the hormones. You need 7-9 hours of quality sleep every night. Being well slept is a key component in people who sustain a healthy metabolism and body composition all year round.
4. Increase your non-exercise activity. Many people assume their 30-60min workout burns HUNDREDS if not 1,000 of calories. Not only is that probably not TRUE.. but your NON- exercise activity is actually responsible for the MAJORITY of your metabolism. You need to stand more, walk more, play more with your kids. Do the yard work, take the stairs, carry the bags yourself. All of these things compound and make a big difference in your metabolism.
5. Slowly increase your calories. Yes, I know this may seem counterintuitive – but if you’ve attempted to diet over and over again and slashed your calories while doing so…. Your body will eventually adapt to functioning on low calories. If this is you, you may want to consider SLOWLY adding in more food each week to build that metabolism back up! This is what is referred to as a reverse diet. It’s specifically designed to increase your metabolically flexibility so you can lose fat and keep it off without feeling like crap all day because you’re barely eating any food.
These 5 things are the exact steps you need to take to supercharge your metabolism. A slowing metabolism plagues so many people these days.. So if you found this video valuable and you think it can help someone else who is struggling, please tag them or share this with them.
It’s time to Get Elevated.
– Nicole Race, owner Elevate St. Pete