The Best Hotel and Travel Workouts with Little or No Equipment!
Don’t let your travels get in the way of staying consistent with your progress at the gym. With a little creativity, you can create a workout anywhere you go. Whether you have a hotel fitness center with just a couple of dumbbells or just your room with a floor, a bed, and a chair — here are some of our favorite hotel and travel workouts (there’s no reason these can’t be at-home workouts as well!).
Depending on time/space restraints you could modify the time, rounds, or reps to create the best version of these workouts for the situation. Here are 5 workouts that don’t require any equipment, plus another 5 with equipment. Bring your own jump rope with you to spice any of these up!
Top 5 Travel Workouts WITHOUT Equipment
All you need is a watch or phone timer to get these done! These body-weight workouts are sure to get your blood pumping.
- 20 Min AMRAP (as many rounds/reps as possible): 15 air squats, 10 sit-ups, 5 burpees.
- 10 Rounds: Sprint 50m max effort, rest as you walk back to the start line then go again!
- 5 rounds for time: 400m Run, 25 Push-ups
- 12 Min AMRAP: 10 Push-ups, 20 Alternating Lunges, 30 Sit-ups
- Reps of 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of burpees, spider-man planks (each knee up is a half rep), and air squats for time.
Top 5 Travel Workouts WITH Equipment
Most hotels will have some dumbbells to use. Otherwise, pack your jump rope in your luggage and get to work on some of these gems!
- “Annie” – Reps of 50-40-30-20-10 of Double Unders and Sit-Ups. Annie is an old CrossFit favorite and is great because you could easily add an exercise like air squats or substitute something for Sit-Ups (push-ups, squats, lunges, etc). If you can’t do double-unders, triple the reps for single jump rope reps. *Equipment required: jump rope.
- 10 Min AMRAP: 10 Dumbbell Snatches (alternating arms each rep), 10 Goblet Squats w/ dumbbell, 10 Push-Ups. *Equipment required: one heavy dumbbell or kettlebell.
- Reps of 30-20-10 for time: Dumbbell Thrusters and Burpees. After each set of reps (30s, 20s, 10s) run 400m on the street or treadmill. *Equipment required: dumbbells.
- 50 Man Makers for Time. *Equipment required: dumbbells.
- For 20 minutes, every 2 minutes complete the following complex with a pair of dumbbells: 7 Romanian Deadlifts, 7 Hang Power Cleans, 7 Push Presses. Since this is done every two minutes, you’ll rest after the complex is done until the next 2 minute block begins. *Equipment needed: dumbbells or kettlebells.